YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers biotech company Contrafect officially went public Tuesday, July 29, as part of the NASDAQ Capital Market under the ticker symbol "CFRXU."
Representatives of the company headed down to the NASDAQ MarketSite to ring the opening bell Tuesday.
Contrafect manufactures protein and antibody therapeutic products for "life-threatening infectious diseases, particularly those treated in hospital-based settings."
Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano was very proud of the company's success, taking time to honor Contrafect at a press conference Wednesday afternoon, July 30.
"They came here and started up here in Yonkers," he said. "We're very very proud of them. For them to be hitting the opening bell says a lot about them and about Yonkers."
According to information released by the company to investors, the pricing of its initial public offering of 6 million units is $6 per unit for total gross proceeds of $36 million. In addition, the offering was priced at the top of the $5-$6 range.
Contrafect is at 28 Wells Ave.
- 1 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 2 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Yonkers Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer
- 5 Two Rescued From Yonkers Apartment Building Fire