YONKERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers this week:
- Westchester County Police arrested a Yonkers man on a DWI charge Tuesday morning after preventing him from driving the wrong way on the Saw Mill River Parkway, according to a release.
- The city announced that an Olive Garden and a Longhorn Steakhouse will be coming to the Cross County Shopping Center.
- A former Mount Vernon Department of Public Works employee was convicted of attempted murder after an incident at OK Freddy’s last year.
- The Yonkers City Council recently passed a bill to expand the veterans property tax exemption.
- A group of Gorton High School seniors in the FLIGHT program recently graduated in a ceremony at the Yonkers Riverfront Library.
- Westchester County Legislator Virginia Perez (D-Yonkers) is reportedly considering running as an Independent Democrat in a primary against State Senate Democratic Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins (D-Yonkers).
- Former Yonkers Deputy Mayor and Valhalla resident Andrew Maniglia admitted to recording a sexual encounter with a woman without her consent as part of a plea bargain on Monday.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for governor.