YONKERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers this week:
- The body of 23-year-old Whitney Delhay of Dobbs Ferry was found near Grant Park in Yonkers on Monday and authorities say she may have died of a drug overdose, according to LoHud.com.
- A resident of Huntsbridge Road reported two men posing as Yonkers Department of Public Works employees entered the resident's home and stole an undetermined amount of cash on Monday at 11:45 a.m., police officials said.
- Approximately 60 cars were vandalized in Yonkers in and around the area of Bronxville Road and Midland Avenue late Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning, according to police officials.
- Businessman Franco Milio paid a $5,000 bribe to a Yonkers employee in 2011 according to federal court documents, a story in LoHud.com said Monday.
- A highly contagious Norovirus, with symptoms of cramping, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, has been lingering in Westchester for several weeks.
- The Yonkers Board of Education is awaiting a report from its external auditor to determine the impact of the $55 million deficit to the school system and its services.