YONKERS, N.Y. - Saunders High School sprinter Francisco Wilson-King had three strong finishes at the league and Westchester County Indoor Track and Field Championships and has been selected as Daily Voice Athlete of the Month for January.
Wilson-King, who was also a standout running back for the Blue Devils football team in the fall, was second in the in the 55-meter hurdles event at the County Championships. He also placed second in his league meet in the 600-meter run and was a member of the Saunders 4x200-meter relay team that won the league title.
"Francisco has a range of talent from the 55 meters to the 600 meters," Saunders track coach Arnold Shell said. "I like the way he runs his race. He never give up. He has a great work ethic and gives his all in every workout I give him."
Wilson-King said he is working hard to improve his speed and consistency for upcoming Section 1 and regional competitions in February.
"I'm doing well this season, working hard, focusing more on myself on my individual events," the senior said. "I'm listening to my coaches and working hard, so I'm hoping better things fall into place."
- 1 Off-Duty Cop Shot By Yonkers Police
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued