YONKERS, N.Y. – Volunteers are getting ready for the fourth annual Great Saw Mill River Cleanup on Saturday throughout Westchester County.
Groundwork Hudson Valley and the Saw Mill River Coalition's annual clean-up will take place at nine separate sites in Yonkers, Hastings, Dobbs Ferry, Ardsley, Irvington and Pleasantville as residents bag accumulated trash from streets, parks and streams along the Saw Mill River from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
This year's clean-up coincides with the Riverkeeper Sweep taking place along the Hudson River.
Groundwork Hudson Valley provides all the tools volunteers will need on-site during the event.
- Parkway Terrace and Bedford Road in Pleasantville
- Woodlands Lake at VE Mace Park in Irvington
- Lawrence Street in Ardsley and Dobbs Ferry
- Bridge Street in Ardsley
- Farragut Avenue in Hastings
- Hearst Street, Nepera Place and the South County Trailway in Yonkers
- Walsh Road and Glen Park in Yonkers
- Ann Street in Yonkers
- Mouth of the Saw Mill River in Yonkers
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Yonkers Bank
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 National Weather Service: Yonkers' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 State Advises Parents To Be Aware Of Signs Of Serious Respiratory Virus
- 5 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester