YONKERS, N.Y. – Volunteers are getting ready for the fourth annual Great Saw Mill River Cleanup on Saturday throughout Westchester County.
Groundwork Hudson Valley and the Saw Mill River Coalition's annual clean-up will take place at nine separate sites in Yonkers, Hastings, Dobbs Ferry, Ardsley, Irvington and Pleasantville as residents bag accumulated trash from streets, parks and streams along the Saw Mill River from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
This year's clean-up coincides with the Riverkeeper Sweep taking place along the Hudson River.
Groundwork Hudson Valley provides all the tools volunteers will need on-site during the event.
- Parkway Terrace and Bedford Road in Pleasantville
- Woodlands Lake at VE Mace Park in Irvington
- Lawrence Street in Ardsley and Dobbs Ferry
- Bridge Street in Ardsley
- Farragut Avenue in Hastings
- Hearst Street, Nepera Place and the South County Trailway in Yonkers
- Walsh Road and Glen Park in Yonkers
- Ann Street in Yonkers
- Mouth of the Saw Mill River in Yonkers
- 1 Off-Duty Cop Shot By Yonkers Police
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued