SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the top stories last week from around Southern Westchester County.
- The 16-year-old Pleasantville girl involved in a car crash that killed three teen boys while driving without a license over Labor Day weekend in 2014 was sentenced Tuesday to probation and community service .
- A Rhode Island woman was arrested after allegedly spitting and kicking police officers who were trying to arrest her.
- Sen. Charles Schumer is calling for stiffer penalties for people making deliberately false alerts to police departments .
- The threat of tick-borne diseases is getting more serious and increasing.
- IRS officials said a group of thieves stole the personal information from 104,000 people .
- A 4-year-old Yonkers girl is in critical condition after accidentally shooting herself in the face late Monday night.
- The White Plains City Council surprisingly voted to fire Joseph Nicoletti from his longtime post as Commissioner of the Department of Public Works.
- State Sen. Andrea Stewart-Cousins recognized Irvington Fire Chief Chris DePaoli in the State Senate on Thursday with a resolution for his role in saving a woman’s life.
- Traffic in Scarsdale was diverted while firefighters investigated reports of a leaking 500 gallon propane tank .
- Several generations of Rye residents gathered to celebrate Memorial Day .
- A Hastings man was charged with drug possession .
- A Port Chester resident was charged with possession of marijuana in Yorktown.
- The Pelhams were under a boil water advisory on Wednesday.
- New Rochelle students were able to get a feel for being a forensic detective as part of their class final.
- A Mount Vernon woman was indicted on manslaughter charges stemming from an incident in which she was accused of running over a Yonkers woman with her car.
- Police officers arrested a man suspected of burglarizing a Bronxville home early Monday morning.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.