YONKERS N.Y. - The Saw Mill River Parkway in Yonkers was closed in both directions Friday afternoon as Westchester County Police investigated a suspicious bag.
At about 12:30 p.m. the police department called in its bomb squad to inspect the unattended bag left by the Hearst Street bridge, west of the Saw Mill River Parkway, said Westchester County Police Department Inspector Thomas Gleason.
The department stopped traffic on the parkway in both directions for about 15 minutes while the unit investigated the cloth bag, he said. The bag was deemed to be non-hazardous and was found to be filled with personal items, including clothing.
The bag has been removed and the parkway is open again.
- 1 One Dead, One Critically Injured In Overnight Yonkers Crash
- 2 Yonkers Man Arrested For Stealing From Parking Meters
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Yonkers Skies Sunday
- 4 17-Year-Old Charged In Armed Robberies Of Yonkers Banks
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester