YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano accepted his wife's challenge and participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness and money for ALS on Thursday.
Spano went on to challenge Yonkers' deputy mayors, commissioners and department heads to take up the cause.
The Ice Bucket Challenge was started by Pat Quinn, a 30-year-old Yonkers native who was diagnosed with ALS earlier this year. It has since become a nation-wide viral sensation across all social media platforms.
Click on the video to watch Spano complete his ice bucket challenge.
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Yonkers Saturday
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation