YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano accepted his wife's challenge and participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness and money for ALS on Thursday.
Spano went on to challenge Yonkers' deputy mayors, commissioners and department heads to take up the cause.
The Ice Bucket Challenge was started by Pat Quinn, a 30-year-old Yonkers native who was diagnosed with ALS earlier this year. It has since become a nation-wide viral sensation across all social media platforms.
Click on the video to watch Spano complete his ice bucket challenge.
- 1 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash In Yonkers
- 4 Yonkers Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, DA Says
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer