YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano accepted his wife's challenge and participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness and money for ALS on Thursday.
Spano went on to challenge Yonkers' deputy mayors, commissioners and department heads to take up the cause.
The Ice Bucket Challenge was started by Pat Quinn, a 30-year-old Yonkers native who was diagnosed with ALS earlier this year. It has since become a nation-wide viral sensation across all social media platforms.
Click on the video to watch Spano complete his ice bucket challenge.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Principal At St. Eugene's In Yonkers Resigns