YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano accepted his wife's challenge and participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness and money for ALS on Thursday.
Spano went on to challenge Yonkers' deputy mayors, commissioners and department heads to take up the cause.
The Ice Bucket Challenge was started by Pat Quinn, a 30-year-old Yonkers native who was diagnosed with ALS earlier this year. It has since become a nation-wide viral sensation across all social media platforms.
Click on the video to watch Spano complete his ice bucket challenge.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 3 10 Hospitalized After Yonkers Accident Involving Fire Engine, Shuttle Bus
- 4 Police Search For Yonkers Bank Robbery Suspect
- 5 Yonkers Police Department Uses Facebook To ID Non-Verbal Woman