YONKERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers last week:
- The soldier who barricaded herself inside a building at Fort Lee in Virginia and later killed herself has been identified as a Yonkers resident, Sgt. 1st Class Paula M. Walker, 33, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Yonkers police are searching for two suspects believed to be involved in a dispute at 290 Woodworth Ave. that resulted in a woman being shot in her leg, officials said.
- A Yonkers police officer has been arrested by Yorktown police after he was accused of pointing a firearm and choking a woman during a domestic dispute at his residence in Yorktown, LoHud.com reports.
- New York State Police conducted several DWI checkpoints throughout Westchester on Saturday, Aug. 23 and Sunday, Aug. 24 that resulted in the arrest of five suspects, including drivers from Peekskill and Yonkers, officials said.
- A man staying in the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook for a wedding accidentally shot a man in the next room who was attending another wedding Saturday afternoon, Rye Brook Police Chief Gregory Austin said.
- 1 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight Residents
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern