YONKERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers this week:
- Superintendent Bernard Pierorazio will retire from his position as the head of the Yonkers Public Schools, effective in 30 days, Mayor Mike Spano announced Friday.
- Yonkers resident Louis Crespo, 30, and Michael Figueroa, 28, of the Bronx, were arrested after police reportedly found three pounds of marijuana and 800 grams of cocaine in their vehicle, officials said.
- The FBI released surveillance photos of a suspect wanted in connection to an armed bank robbery in Yonkers .
- An unidentified black male was shot in the leg at around 3:54 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Palisades Avenue and Elm Street, police officials said.
- The non-lethal shooting of an 18-year-old male Yonkers resident at the intersection of Palisade Avenue and Elm Street on Monday is being investigated as a possible gang-related crime, police officials said Tuesday afternoon.
- A Yonkers man faces three counts of second-degree vehicular manslaughter and multiple drug and alcohol charges following a fatal accident that killed his girlfriend in August, according to a statement by Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.