YONKERS, N.Y. – Select roads remain closed in Yonkers, as utility crews continue their cleanup from Thursday night’s storm and brace for round two on Friday.
According to the Yonkers Police Department, a flash flood warning is in effect this afternoon, as the county continues to recover from the severe thunderstorms that rolled through the area late on Thursday night.
Yonkers Avenue remains closed from Kimball Avenue to Bronx River Road, as utility crews continue clearing downed poles, wires and branches that were knocked asunder in the storms.
Residents with storm-related issues can reach the Yonkers Police Department at the non-emergency number at (914) 377-7900.
- 1 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight Residents
- 2 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash In Yonkers
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Sprain Brook Parkway In Yonkers Reopens After Fatal Crash