This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. — The southbound Sprain Brook Parkway was closed for nearly five hours in Greenburgh on Sunday after a fatal accident that occurred at approximately 1 p.m. just north of the I-287 interchange.
Motorcyclist Scott Phillips, 45, of West New York, N.J., was killed and another motorcyclist critically injured in the accident, according to LoHud.com.
The accident occurred when a motorcycle hit the back of a red Mazda, causing the car to skid and hit another motorcycle, according to a report on News 12. Speed on the part of the motorcycles was a factor in the crash, which ignited fires in both motorcycles, according to the report.
Phillips reportedly died upon impact after hitting a tree in the woods following the crash, while the driver of the car, a 30-year-old Mamaroneck resident, sustained minor injuries, according to the News 12 report.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 3 X-Planations: Yonkers' Chef Peter X. Kelly Shares His Pizza Picks
- 4 10 Hospitalized After Yonkers Accident Involving Fire Engine, Shuttle Bus
- 5 Police Search For Yonkers Bank Robbery Suspect