This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. — The southbound Sprain Brook Parkway was closed for nearly five hours in Greenburgh on Sunday after a fatal accident that occurred at approximately 1 p.m. just north of the I-287 interchange.
Motorcyclist Scott Phillips, 45, of West New York, N.J., was killed and another motorcyclist critically injured in the accident, according to LoHud.com.
The accident occurred when a motorcycle hit the back of a red Mazda, causing the car to skid and hit another motorcycle, according to a report on News 12. Speed on the part of the motorcycles was a factor in the crash, which ignited fires in both motorcycles, according to the report.
Phillips reportedly died upon impact after hitting a tree in the woods following the crash, while the driver of the car, a 30-year-old Mamaroneck resident, sustained minor injuries, according to the News 12 report.
- 1 Yonkers Teen Faces Hate Crime Charge After Mall Attacks
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Construction Starts On $27M Yonkers Affordable Housing Complex
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Resident Has Been Decorating His Home For 15 Years