YONKERS, N.Y. -- A mother charged with the negligent homicide of her 8-year-old daughter in Yonkers was arraigned in court on Wednesday, June 11, according to the Westchester District Attorney's Office.
Nicole Diggs, 21, allegedly failed to provide adequate nutrition and medical attention for her daughter, Alayah Savarese, who suffered from cerebral palsy and a serious seizure disorder.
Alayah attended the Cerebral Palsy School of Westchester, where she received physical, speech and occupational therapy, but she was allegedly kept home with inadequate supervision, the District Attorney's Office said.
Diggs was charged with criminally negligent homicide and endangering the welfare of a child. Her bail was set at $25,000.
An arrest warrant remains active regarding a second individual involved in the child’s death.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 Yonkers Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Police Investigating Robbery At Yonkers Restaurant
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Yonkers