YONKERS, N.Y. – A historic Yonkers estate is again supplying the backdrop for a Hollywood production.
“Mania Days,” a film produced by Spike Lee and starring Hollywood A-lister Katie Holmes, has been filming at Alder Manor this past week, according to city officials. The cast and crew of the movie are expected to be filming at the North Broadway estate through April 26.
The film, which began shooting scenes April 1, will be the directing debut of Paul Dalio, son of hedge fund tycoon Ray Dialo. Already, Holmes has been reportedly been spotted filming in New York City’s East Village.
In Yonkers, Alder Manor has been a popular destination for filmmakers in the past. The 72-room estate, built in the early 1900s by mining tycoon William Boyce Thompson, has been featured in “A Beautiful Mind,” “Mona Lisa Smile” and most recently last November in the horror flick “Innocence.”
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Yonkers Resident Has Been Decorating His Home For 15 Years
- 3 Construction Starts On $27M Yonkers Affordable Housing Complex
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yonkers
- 5 13 New Yonkers Police Officers Graduate From County Academy