YONKERS, N.Y. – A historic Yonkers estate is again supplying the backdrop for a Hollywood production.
“Mania Days,” a film produced by Spike Lee and starring Hollywood A-lister Katie Holmes, has been filming at Alder Manor this past week, according to city officials. The cast and crew of the movie are expected to be filming at the North Broadway estate through April 26.
The film, which began shooting scenes April 1, will be the directing debut of Paul Dalio, son of hedge fund tycoon Ray Dialo. Already, Holmes has been reportedly been spotted filming in New York City’s East Village.
In Yonkers, Alder Manor has been a popular destination for filmmakers in the past. The 72-room estate, built in the early 1900s by mining tycoon William Boyce Thompson, has been featured in “A Beautiful Mind,” “Mona Lisa Smile” and most recently last November in the horror flick “Innocence.”
- 1 Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Two 22-Year-Olds In Yonkers, Authorities Say
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Yonkers
- 4 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 5 Trader Joe's Recalls Walnuts Because Of Possible Health Risk