YONKERS, N.Y. – A historic Yonkers estate is again supplying the backdrop for a Hollywood production.
“Mania Days,” a film produced by Spike Lee and starring Hollywood A-lister Katie Holmes, has been filming at Alder Manor this past week, according to city officials. The cast and crew of the movie are expected to be filming at the North Broadway estate through April 26.
The film, which began shooting scenes April 1, will be the directing debut of Paul Dalio, son of hedge fund tycoon Ray Dialo. Already, Holmes has been reportedly been spotted filming in New York City’s East Village.
In Yonkers, Alder Manor has been a popular destination for filmmakers in the past. The 72-room estate, built in the early 1900s by mining tycoon William Boyce Thompson, has been featured in “A Beautiful Mind,” “Mona Lisa Smile” and most recently last November in the horror flick “Innocence.”
- 1 Man Charged In Homicide Of Yonkers 22-Year-Old
- 2 Family Files $20M Suit Against Yonkers In Police Raid Fatal Fall Incident
- 3 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 4 Woman Hit By Van On Central Avenue In Yonkers
- 5 X-Planations: Yonkers' Chef Peter X. Kelly Shares His Pizza Picks