YONKERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers this week:
- The investigation continues into the death of James Romansoff, 58, MTA worker from Yonkers who was killed Monday when struck by a train in Harlem.
- A man was taken to Jacobi Medical Center for emergency surgery Sunday following a stabbing in Yonkers.
- A gas explosion destroyed a building in Harlem, killed at least eight people and shut down Metro-North service for hours.
- Legendary Yonkers basketball star Bernard Toone, an all-state player at Gorton High School in the mid 1970s who went on to play for NCAA champion Marquette University and the NBA Philadelphia 76ers, is currently featured in the ESPN "30 For 30" documentary film "Untucked".
- Yonkers Public Schools were recently honored with the National Magna Award for their efforts to collaborate with Yonkers Partners in Education to enhance college readiness, access and success among students.