YONKERS, N.Y. -- The Yonkers Planning Board has voted to approve iFly at Ridge Hill, an indoor skydiving facility that will be one of only 14 in the United States.
The innovative wind tunnel model of wall-to-wall airflow in a skydiving simulator was created by skydiving enthusiasts in 1998 in the hopes of bringing the thrill of a free fall experience to more people.
This facility, which will be completed in 2015, will be a destination that is expected to bring many more visitors to Yonkers and increase economic activity for a number of local businesses.
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Yonkers Bank
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 National Weather Service: Yonkers' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 5 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester