YONKERS, N.Y. -- The Yonkers Planning Board has voted to approve iFly at Ridge Hill, an indoor skydiving facility that will be one of only 14 in the United States.
The innovative wind tunnel model of wall-to-wall airflow in a skydiving simulator was created by skydiving enthusiasts in 1998 in the hopes of bringing the thrill of a free fall experience to more people.
This facility, which will be completed in 2015, will be a destination that is expected to bring many more visitors to Yonkers and increase economic activity for a number of local businesses.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Principal At St. Eugene's In Yonkers Resigns