YONKERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers this week:
- Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano released his proposed budget for 2014-15 late last week, which calls for increases to the property and income taxes, but remains within the state mandated cap on the property tax levy.
- One woman was injured after being shot and two men were hurt after being stabbed in apparently isolated incidents near a carnival in Yonkers recently.
- A Yonkers family dog was mauled by a pit bull at Secor Place.
- Yonkers resident Mario Garcia-Sura pleaded guilty on Tuesday to singular counts of aggravated vehicular homicide and driving while intoxicated, which resulted in the death of 19-year-old Sreeraj Chandran, the District Attorney's office announced.
- Assemblywoman Shelley Mayer (D-Yonkers) spoke with more than 70 women at an interactive forum on Women In Leadership in Yonkers.
- A 19-year-old male was stabbed on Henry Hertz Street on Friday, April 11, according to a Yonkers Police report.