YONKERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers last week:
- Two Westchester teens, one from Yonkers and the other from Tuckahoe, will be facing hate crime charges in the wake of several assaults at the Palisades Mall on Black Friday, Nov. 28, according to multiple reports.
- A surveillance video showing the two suspects wanted in connection with the robbery of Webster Bank on McLean Avenue has been released by Yonkers Police.
- The vast reorganization of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York will merge several churches and parishes and could include three churches in White Plains and another four between Dobbs Ferry, Hastings-On-Hudson and Ardsley, according to The New York Times.
- Firefighters battled a suspicious fire which destroyed a vacant building at 20 Oak St., according to a report by News 12 Westchester.
- Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano along with Yonkers Police Commissioner Charles Gardner are warning residents and local businesses of a recent prepaid card phone scam that has resulted in victims losing thousands of dollars.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.