NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Habitat for Humanity of Westchester and Empire Harley-Davidson are working together to hold “The Ride Home” event on July 26 to benefit Habitat’s veterans' initiatives.
Members of the Westchester H.O.G. chapter of Harley Davidson will ride their motorcycles on a two-hour route that will pass Habitat’s veterans' homes and some of the Habitat for Humanity’s current projects including community gardens, refurbished parks and newly completed Habitat houses.
The ride will end at the Empire Harley dealership in New Rochelle with an after party catered by Dickey’s Barbecue Pit in Yonkers.
Ride registration is $25 and tickets to the barbecue are $10. All proceeds will go to Habitat for Humanity of Westchester.
“This is a great event for us,” said Jim Killoran,chief executive officer of Habitat for Humanity of Westchester. “Harley has a huge commitment to veterans. This ride is a fun event and will help us raise much needed support to finish homes and to hire more vets!”
For more information or to buy tickets contact Emily McKenna, special events coordinator for Habitat for Humanity of Westchester, at 914-261-7472 or email her at email@example.com.
- 1 Yonkers Teen Faces Hate Crime Charge After Mall Attacks
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Yonkers Firefighters Battle Blaze At Oak Street Building
- 5 NY Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men