IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- Former Irvington resident Joan Lunden announced she was diagnosed with breast cancer on her website on Tuesday.
The former ABC-TV "Good Morning America" host said she decided to share the news publicly because she had spent her life "sharing my joys and my disappointments with all of you: my pregnancies, my relationships, my career. … I have shared my journey. So it certainly didn’t feel right keeping this part of my journey a secret."
Lunden, who now lives in Greenwich, Conn., also said she has already begun chemotherapy and hopes to inspire others to be more aware of their health.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash In Yonkers
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer
- 5 Yonkers Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, DA Says