WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for Westchester County from Friday afternoon through Friday night, May 16.
A slow moving cold front will bring heavy rains to Westchester on Friday afternoon. Between one and two inches of rain are expected with localized amounts of up to three inches.
The heaviest rains are expected to coincide with high tide on Long Island Sound, which could exacerbate coastal flooding.
Residents are reminded to be mindful of the forecast and be prepared to take action should flooding occur.
- 1 Serious Crash Reported On Saw Mill Parkway In Yonkers
- 2 Yonkers Man Wins $5M In Lottery Scratch-Off Game
- 3 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 4 Yonkers Eateries Offer A Variety Of Specials For Super Bowl Sunday
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yonkers; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely