WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for Westchester County from Friday afternoon through Friday night, May 16.
A slow moving cold front will bring heavy rains to Westchester on Friday afternoon. Between one and two inches of rain are expected with localized amounts of up to three inches.
The heaviest rains are expected to coincide with high tide on Long Island Sound, which could exacerbate coastal flooding.
Residents are reminded to be mindful of the forecast and be prepared to take action should flooding occur.
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Yonkers Bank
- 2 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 3 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Walmart Fined For Overcharging New Yorkers For Coke
- 5 Yonkers Begins Process Of Daylighting Saw Mill River