WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for Westchester County that will remain in effect from 8 a.m. on Thursday through Friday at noon.
A slow moving cold front is expected to interact with tropical weather from Hurricane Arthur, which will create heavy rainfall and possible thunderstorms in the area. Approximately 1-3 inches is expected with locally higher amounts.
Flooding could occur in urban areas, roadways and areas with poor or no drainage. Flooding of small streams is also possible.
Precipiation is expected to remain in the area through Friday morning before eventually clearing.
- 1 Driver Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway Crash In Yonkers ID'd
- 2 Serious Crash Reported On Sprain Brook Parkway In Yonkers
- 3 Yonkers Church Holds Final Mass Before Closure
- 4 Family Files $20M Suit Against Yonkers In Police Raid Fatal Fall Incident
- 5 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon