YONKERS, N.Y. – A Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Disaster Recovery Center has opened at the Grinton I. Will Library, Mayor Mike Spano announced Thursday.
FEMA representatives will be on hand from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday to answer questions and provide information to residents applying for aid in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.
“Sandy left many Yonkers households with damage and has also left many with questions on how they will move forward,” Spano said in a statement. “I encourage anyone who was impacted by this storm to visit the Disaster Recovery Center and find out about the critical assistance that may available to help recover from this devastating storm.”
For more information on FEMA disaster assistance, visit www.fema.gov.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight
- 3 Former Concordia College Assistant Basketball Coach ID'd In Fatal Crash
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway