YONKERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers last week:
- A suspect, who was running from Yonkers police after allegedly breaking into vehicles on Tuesday, June 10, suffered an apparent heart attack and died, according to police officials.
- Two Yonkers firefighters were injured while extinguishing a residential fire on Wednesday, June 11.
- A Yonkers man was sentenced to up to 15 years in prison on Tuesday, June 10, after pleading guilty to aggravated vehicular homicide and driving while intoxicated, according to Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
- A one-alarm fire in a multi-family home in Yonkers left five adults and six children homeless early Thursday, according to fire officials and the Red Cross.
- 1 Patient Being Tested For Ebola, Malaria At St. Joseph's In Yonkers
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Former Yonkers Narcotics Officer Sentenced In Perjury Case
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says