YONKERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers last week:
- New York State Police charged a Yonkers woman , Victoria Bennett, 33, with illegally collecting unemployment, officials said.
- A 50-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene of a head-on crash in Yonkers that occurred around 10 p.m. Sunday, according to multiple reports.
- For the first time in more than a year, residents in Bronxville and Yonkers who have been inconvenienced by the Parkway Road Bridge closure , may have a reason for optimism.
- Several cats rescued in Yonkers near the scene of a grisly massacre in which 25 cats were found hanging from a tree in plastic bags will soon be ready for adoption, according to the SPCA of Westchester.
- As children head back into the classroom, ANDRUS, a nonprofit providing mental and behavioral health services to children and families from the New York metro area, has made efforts this summer to ensure they have all the resources to succeed.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.