Contact Us
Yonkers Daily Voice serves Yonkers, NY

Menu

Yonkers Daily Voice serves Yonkers, NY

Nearby Towns

news

Carbon Monoxide Leak Sickens Customers At Yonkers Laundromat

Emergency responders from the Yonkers Fire Department found high levels of carbon monoxide at a city laundromat Tuesday night. Three people,  made sick by the odorless, colorless gas, were treated at local hospitals and the building was evacuated.
Emergency responders from the Yonkers Fire Department found high levels of carbon monoxide at a city laundromat Tuesday night. Three people, made sick by the odorless, colorless gas, were treated at local hospitals and the building was evacuated. Photo Credit: Yonkers Fire Department

YONKERS, N.Y. -- A Yonkers laundromat had to be evacuated after a patron passed out from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning, accord to a report in lohud.

Emergency responders from the Yonkers Fire Department who came to the all-night South Broadway business late Tuesday, Feb. 2, found high levels of the highly dangerous gas in the air, the lohud story said.

The building was cleared so the source of the leak could be found and two women and a child were taken to the hospital to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning, lohud reported.

To read the lohud story, click here.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Yonkers Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.