YONKERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers this week:
- Scarsdale police arrested a drug dealer, Yonkers native Richard Toscano, 24 , and buyer, Pleasantville resident Daniel Derosa, 27, over the weekend, as a special patrol was conducting surveillance in the village, looking for drug sales.
- Yonkers High School has been named the third-most challenging high school in Westchester County and the 17th-most challenging high school in New York State, according to a new national study of public and private high schools conducted by the Washington Post.
- Yonkers fire crews have contained a one-alarm fire that started in the basement of a home at 28 Cross Street near Tuckahoe Road on Monday morning, according to Yonkers fire chief Thomas Fitzpatrick.
- Yonkers police are investigating the shooting of a 21-year-old man after they received multiple reports of shots fired near 100 Herriot St. across from the south side of Cerrato Park on Sunday, according to a release.
- The Yonkers Fire Department is continuing to investigate the cause of a two-alarm fire at 128 Colonial Parkway , which was reported at 11 a.m. on Wednesday and contained shortly thereafter, according to officials.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.