YONKERS, N.Y. – More than 3,000 Con Edison customers remained without power in Yonkers Friday morning, over a week-and-a-half after Hurricane Sandy hit the area.
An estimated 3,085 out of 75,568 Con Edison customers in Yonkers, or about four percent, were without power at 8:30 a.m. Friday, down from 5,110 Thursday morning. Con Edison estimated that most Yonkers customers would have power back by midnight Friday.
Throughout Westchester 16,557, or about about five percent of Con Ed’s nearly 350,000 customers were still without power Friday morning, down from 34,033 Thursday morning.
- 1 Missing Yonkers Man Is Located
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Crash Results In Saw Mill Closure
- 3 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 4 Greenburgh Officer Relieved Of Duty For Posting Racist Photo On Facebook
- 5 'Property Brothers' Looking For Westchester Residents To Appear In TV Show