YONKERS, N.Y. -- Caitlin Duggan is passionate about food, so much so that she'll think nothing of traveling two hours roundtrip to Fairfield to go to Milkcraft just because she loves their over the top desserts.
It's a journey she chronicles on Instagram @westchester_carbdashian which is about to hit 1,000 followers.
The point of view of her account is high-quality food and higher quality captions. Her motto: Living to eat, not eating to live.
"I chose the name because I think there is a certain level of extravagance that is associated with the Kardashian lifestyle and my eating habits align with that level of indulgence," she said.
The Yonkers resident who's been chronicling her food journey throughout NYC, Westchester, and Fairfield since late June 2016, said it's been amazing to find so many like-minded souls in her first year. This, despite doing it on the side. By day she's an accounting and finance recruiter in Manhattan.
She thinks the reason her account has attracted so many followers in a relatively short amount of time is that she remains true to herself.
"I keep the posts engaging, exciting and honest by only posting food I have actually eaten," she said. "I never post something just because it looked good.
"Being featured on my page means that the food is great."
Among her top places to eat in Westchester, in no particular order
- Madison Kitchen, Larchmont: "The small plate style of dining is favorable for a foodie who likes a bite of everything. The drinks are phenomenal and seasonal, just like the menu. Finally, you finish the meal with their unmistakable rainbow cookie ice cream, or perhaps bring two pints home like I do every time."
- 808 Social, Scarsdale: "A new favorite of mine and unsurprisingly another small plates restaurant. The service has always been incredibly knowledgeable and friendly and the plates pack out of this world flavor. I would visit daily for their garlic bread alone."
- Pop’s Espresso Bar, New Rochelle: "Do not let the name fool you, Pop’s is a full-scale eatery disguised as a coffee shop. The lattes are sublime, the pastries are always fresh and delicious, but the real gem is the food. The owner, Giovanni, makes you feel at home and the famous dannolis (donut/cannoli hybrid) ensure you never want to leave."
- Penny Lick Ice Cream, Hastings-On-Hudson: "Ice cream is basically a food group for me and Penny Lick always delivers exciting flavors and fun toppings. The line can get long in the summer, but it's well worth it."
- Tasty House, Yonkers : "A hidden gem that serves up family-style Chinese food with great service. The decor is luxe and the food is always hot and fresh, plus the happy hour specials make this a great spot for large groups of friends."