YONKERS N.Y. - Volunteers are needed to help install an art exhibit in memory of the Sandy Hook shooting victims at the Yonkers Riverfront Library Saturday at 11 a.m.
As part of the “Snowflakes for Sandy Hook” exhibit volunteers will decorate the windows of the library with snowflake creations collected from Yonkers students and residents. The goal is to transform the library into an exhibit that celebrates the compassion of the Yonkers community for Newtown, Connecticut.
The exhibit was organized by the Yonkers Council of Parent Teacher Student Associations (YCPTA), in collaboration with Yonkers Public Schools and the Yonkers Public Library. The exhibition honors the community’s support of the “Snowflake” project, which was created by the Connecticut PTA in response to the school shooting.
For more information on the event, call YCPTA President Danielle Eaton at 914-885-4629.
- 1 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Yonkers Mayor Spano Declares State Of Emergency Because Of Snowstorm
- 5 'Show Me A Hero' Wraps Up Filming In Yonkers