YONKERS N.Y. - Residents can nominate a Yonkers woman of distinction to be awarded for her achievements during Women’s History Month in March.
The City of Yonkers Unsung Heroes “Woman of Distinction Award” will recognize women of Yonkers whose achievements have improved the lives of others in the community, and whose impact has changed Yonkers for better.
Women’s History Month recognizes the historic accomplishments of women, and now it is Yonkers’ turn to pay tribute to the local heroes and leaders who live among us each day, said Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano.
“I am honored to recognize the unsung heroes of Yonkers, the women leaders, activists, counselors and mentors who give of themselves to our community each and every day,” said Spano. “The women of Yonkers have made such a positive impact on our City over the years, and it is now time to give them the recognition they so deserve.”
The “Woman of Distinction” nomination form is available on the city’s website, and the deadline for submission is Feb. 20. Spano will present the award at a March 4 ceremony.
- 1 Patient Being Tested For Ebola, Malaria At St. Joseph's In Yonkers
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Former Yonkers Narcotics Officer Sentenced In Perjury Case
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says