YONKERS N.Y. - Residents can nominate a Yonkers woman of distinction to be awarded for her achievements during Women’s History Month in March.
The City of Yonkers Unsung Heroes “Woman of Distinction Award” will recognize women of Yonkers whose achievements have improved the lives of others in the community, and whose impact has changed Yonkers for better.
Women’s History Month recognizes the historic accomplishments of women, and now it is Yonkers’ turn to pay tribute to the local heroes and leaders who live among us each day, said Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano.
“I am honored to recognize the unsung heroes of Yonkers, the women leaders, activists, counselors and mentors who give of themselves to our community each and every day,” said Spano. “The women of Yonkers have made such a positive impact on our City over the years, and it is now time to give them the recognition they so deserve.”
The “Woman of Distinction” nomination form is available on the city’s website, and the deadline for submission is Feb. 20. Spano will present the award at a March 4 ceremony.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime
- 4 Unconscious Man Found In Yonkers Burning Home
- 5 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers