HARTSDALE, N.Y. – When it comes to meat, Hartsdale chef Dan Ryan knows what to do—and he proved it last week on “Hell's Kitchen.”
“One thing I'm going to confirm: you can [expletive] cook,” Gordon Ramsay told Ryan on the show.
Ryan, a sous chef at the Hotel Beacon in New York City and a former chef at X20 in Yonkers, is competing on Season 11 of the Fox TV show. The competition ends with a job as the head chef at the Gordon Ramsay Pub and Grill at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Last week's episode featured Ramsay putting Ryan on probation and taking away his jacket, telling Ryan he'd have to earn it back. Determined, Ryan fought back to help the men's team win their first challenge, ending a four-episode losing streak.
“I am getting my jacket back today,” Ryan said. “Big risks equal big rewards.”
Ryan's victory at reclaiming his jacket was short-lived as he was once again put up for nomination for being “dead weight.” Ramsay questioned the choice before taking Ryan off the chopping block.
Last week's episode featured Ryan saying he planned to continue on as an individual.
“Now you should see me as a [expletive] threat,” he said when talking about the rest of the men's team.
Previews for Tuesday's show Ryan speaking his mind to Ramsay and then walking out of the kitchen.
- 1 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight Residents
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern