YONKERS, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Yonkers’ Thomas Mikal Ford!
Thomas Mikal Ford, who was born in Yonkers, turns 52 on Sunday.
Ford, an actor who is best known for his role as Tommy Strawn in the sitcom "Martin," and for his recurring role as Mel Parker in the UPN sitcom "The Parkers," was born June 15, 1962.
Ford received an NAACP Image Awards nomination in 1996 in the category of Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series. Ford played a recurring role in the "The Parkers" as Nikki's ex-husband (and Kim's father), Mel Parker, in seven episodes. He is also known as "The Pope of Comedy "due to exposure as a judge on TV One's comedy competition show "Who's Got Jokes?" starring Bill Bellamy.
In film, Ford appeared in the Kid 'n Play movie "Class Act" as Mink, a hustler. In "Harlem Nights" he played Tommy Smalls, the brother of Arsenio Hall's character. He can also be seen in the 1997 Nancy Allen crime drama "Against the Law."
- 1 Serious Crash Reported On Saw Mill Parkway In Yonkers
- 2 Yonkers Man Wins $5M In Lottery Scratch-Off Game
- 3 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 4 Yonkers Eateries Offer A Variety Of Specials For Super Bowl Sunday
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yonkers; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely