YONKERS, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Yonkers’ Mike Spano!
Spano, who was born in Yonkers, turns 51 on Wednesday.
Michael Spano, who is the 42nd mayor of Yonkers, was born April 22, 1964. Spano was elected to the State Assembly in 1992 as the assembly's youngest member. Due to the state’s reapportionment plan, his seat was eliminated later that same year. However, he ran again in 1994 and continued to serve in the Assembly for nearly a decade until he chose not run for re-election.
In 2011, Spano was elected mayor of Yonkers. During his tenure, Spano has passed two consecutive bi-partisan budgets that included investment in education and kept taxes within the New York State cap on the property tax levy. Spano is also a member of numerous community organizations such as the Yonkers Chamber of Commerce, Access Westchester, Exchange Club of Yonkers, Sons of Italy, and an honorary member (non-veteran) of the Armando Rauso AMVETS Post. He is also a former board member of the Westchester School for Special Children.
- 1 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash In Yonkers
- 4 Yonkers Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, DA Says
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer