YONKERS, N.Y. -- The city is seeking artists to help create three outdoor murals as well as artwork that will be displayed in three storefronts throughout the city.
Arts groups, city government and private businesses have collaborated to make both funding for artists and spaces available to help beautify downtown Yonkers and solidify it as an artistic and cultural hub.
“I am extremely excited for this program to begin, which will bring more art and ingenuity to downtown Yonkers," Daniel Lipka, executive director of the Yonkers Downtown Business Improvement District, said in a statement. "These first six projects will enliven our community, build pride and create a foundation for a culturally vibrant downtown area. This is an important start to an art initiative that will continue for many years to come.”
The deadline to submit proposals is Tuesday, May 27, at 5 p.m.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs Ridge Hill Mall In Yonkers
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Yonkers Begins Process Of Daylighting Saw Mill River