YONKERS, N.Y. – The Yonkers Office for the Aging will distribute farmers market coupons to qualified city seniors beginning this week.
The coupons can be used at the farmers market located throughout the area, including at St. John’s Famers Market in downtown Yonkers and at the Ridge Hill Famers Market.
“We encourage our seniors to make use of this money-saving service that will entice our residents to get out and shop, contribute to our local farms, while enjoying the benefits of fresh, homegrown produce and products,” said Mayor Mike Spano in a statement.
Eligible applicants must be 60 years or older and currently must be receiving or qualified to receive Social Security, public assistance, food stamps, Section 8 housing subsidy or have a monthly income of $1,722 per month or less for a one-person household, $2,392 per month or less for a two-person household or $3,011 per month or less for a three-person household.
Coupons are available at the Office of the Aging at the Chema Center at 435 Riverdale Ave.from 10 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m. Mondays and Tuesday. Yonkers seniors must bring a photo ID and proof of age. There is a limited supply of coupons, allowing for one booklet per household.
- 1 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash In Yonkers
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer
- 5 Yonkers Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, DA Says