YONKERS, N.Y. – The Yonkers Office for the Aging will distribute farmers market coupons to qualified city seniors beginning this week.
The coupons can be used at the farmers market located throughout the area, including at St. John’s Famers Market in downtown Yonkers and at the Ridge Hill Famers Market.
“We encourage our seniors to make use of this money-saving service that will entice our residents to get out and shop, contribute to our local farms, while enjoying the benefits of fresh, homegrown produce and products,” said Mayor Mike Spano in a statement.
Eligible applicants must be 60 years or older and currently must be receiving or qualified to receive Social Security, public assistance, food stamps, Section 8 housing subsidy or have a monthly income of $1,722 per month or less for a one-person household, $2,392 per month or less for a two-person household or $3,011 per month or less for a three-person household.
Coupons are available at the Office of the Aging at the Chema Center at 435 Riverdale Ave.from 10 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m. Mondays and Tuesday. Yonkers seniors must bring a photo ID and proof of age. There is a limited supply of coupons, allowing for one booklet per household.
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Yonkers Bank
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 4 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Walmart Fined For Overcharging New Yorkers For Coke