YONKERS, N.Y. -- Amateur and professional artists are being invited to apply to participate in Cross County Shopping Center's Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival, part of its Summerfest, on Saturday, Aug. 2.
Artists are invited to create temporary works of art in a chalk medium throughout Cross County Shopping Center. The theme is the 1950s. The festival is open to all artists. Chalk materials will be provided to artists. The deadline to apply is Friday, July 25.
Here is a rundown of rules for entering the contest:
• Applicants are required to sign a photography release and hold harmless agreement. Legal guardians may sign for participants younger than 18.
• Must be 13 or older to compete with a parent or legal guardian present.
• Participants will be provided with chalk and may also bring their own supplies. Only nonoil-based soft
chalk or pastels in solid form may be used. (Use of acrylic paints, poster paint, liquid pastels, oil-based pastels, hard pastels, etc. is not permitted. Use
of these substances are grounds for disqualification.)
• Each participant will be assigned a specific space (first come, first served); sizes may vary.
• Artists may compete as individuals or in teams.
• Artwork must be appropriate for all viewing ages, and no political or commercial advertisements are permitted. A sample of work must be provided with application.
• Event organizers reserve the right to take and use photographs of art.
The times for the festival are as follows:
8 a.m.: Artists may begin.
4 p.m.: Art must be completed.
5 p.m.: Prizes will be announced.
Awards in each category include:
• People’s Choice -- $150.
• First -- $500.
• Second -- $350.
• Third -- $250.
There will be a $25 participation fee to enter that will be donated to Food Bank for Westchester.
To register and participate, visit www.crosscountysummerfest.com.
- 1 Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Two 22-Year-Olds In Yonkers, Authorities Say
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Yonkers
- 4 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show