YONKERS, N.Y. -- The Yonkers Police Athletic League will honor two Yonkers firefighters when the organization hosts its 30th PAL Luncheon Tuesday, June 3.
The luncheon will honor Eric Dronzek, Yonkers Firefighters Officers Union president and Barry McGoey, Yonkers Firefighters Union president, with all proceeds going to PAL programs.
"We're hoping that we can get everyone out to help support the PAL, which does a lot of good work with kids in the community," PAL Director Vic Federico said. "We have our baseball, basketball, boxing and other sports programs, but we also offer kids a place to go instead of hanging out in the streets where they are at risk."
The Yonkers PAL, which is the only chapter of its kind in Westchester County supports sports programs in several sports throughout the year and is "home" to from 100-200 youngsters in after-school and evening programs at its home at the old National Guard Armory in South Yonkers.
Tickets for the luncheon can be purchased by calling the PAL office at 914-377-7297.
- 1 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Yonkers Mayor Spano Declares State Of Emergency Because Of Snowstorm
- 5 'Show Me A Hero' Wraps Up Filming In Yonkers