YONKERS, N.Y. – Yonkers is offering various programs this week to help add some fun to your day as summer continues.
Tuesday, Aug. 5
8-10 p.m.: “The Princess Bride” will be shown for Movies on Main Street at 86 Main St.
Wednesay, Aug. 6
5:30-7 p.m.: Riverwalk Wednesday, featuring Nanny Assis, at the Van Der Donck Park.
Thursday, Aug. 7
5-7 p.m.: Papa Hawk's Poetry Improv Circle at Casa Dd Cafe.
Friday, Aug. 8
Noon-2:30 p.m.: Feature films at Yonkers Public Library: "Amazing Animal Adventures."
2-4 p.m.: Creative Creations Children’s Workshops at the Blue Door Art Gallery.
2-3:30 p.m.: Raising Sustainability Natives at the Sarah Lawrence College Center for the Urban River.
6:30-8 p.m.: Friday Night Jazz Salute to Veterans with Butch Barbella and the Streets of the Bronx at the Waterfront Amphitheatre.
Saturday, Aug. 9
2-4 p.m.: Movies at The Riverfront Library. “Non-Stop” will be shown at the Yonkers Public Library.
3-4:30 p.m.: Fiber Friends Knitting at the Hudson River Museum.
Sunday, Aug. 10
2-5 p.m.: Play with Your Food at the Blue Door Art Gallery.
For more information about these events, visit the Yonkers calendar here.
- 1 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Yonkers Mayor Spano Declares State Of Emergency Because Of Snowstorm
- 5 'Show Me A Hero' Wraps Up Filming In Yonkers