YONKERS N.Y. - The Yonkers Public Library is hosting a free film series in honor of Black History Month at the riverfront branch.
The series "True Light Revealed" is intended to shed light on some of the lesser-known personal and historical stories of African-Americans after slavery.
The second film of the four-part series is “Black Wall Street: The Black Holocaust,” and is being shown at 4:30 p.m. today. The story depicts the creation and destruction of an affluent African-American community in Oklahoma that was burned to the ground in 1921.
The next two films are “Brick by Brick” at 1:30 p.m. Feb. 23 and “The Color of Fear” at 4:30 p.m. Feb. 28. The screenings are free. For more information, call 914-337-1500.
- 1 Two Shot Inside Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 2 Pedestrian Killed On Saw Mill Parkway Is ID'd
- 3 Yonkers Psychologist Faces Charges In Husband's Shooting
- 4 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 5 Westchester County Stores Are Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers