YONKERS N.Y. - Yonkers teens are invited to celebrate African-American history through poetry from slavery to the present at 4 p.m. Thursday at Yonkers Riverfront Library.
Teens ages 12-19 will write their own free verse poems, reflecting on African-American poetry throughout history The program will explore the works of Claude McKay, Langston Hughes, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Nikki Giovanni and Tupac Shakur.
The library will host another poetry event Feb. 28. The sessions will be led by Najuma the Storyteller. The events are free. For more information, call 914-375-7967.
- 1 Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Two 22-Year-Olds In Yonkers, Authorities Say
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Yonkers
- 3 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Yonkers Man Charged In Greenburgh Shooting