YONKERS N.Y. - Yonkers teens are invited to celebrate African-American history through poetry from slavery to the present at 4 p.m. Thursday at Yonkers Riverfront Library.
Teens ages 12-19 will write their own free verse poems, reflecting on African-American poetry throughout history The program will explore the works of Claude McKay, Langston Hughes, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Nikki Giovanni and Tupac Shakur.
The library will host another poetry event Feb. 28. The sessions will be led by Najuma the Storyteller. The events are free. For more information, call 914-375-7967.
- 1 Woman Charged In Fatal Yonkers Hit-And-Run
- 2 Two Yonkers Police Officers Plead Guilty To Perjury, Misconduct
- 3 Teenage Girl Accidentally Shot While Playing With Gun, Yonkers Police Says
- 4 Yonkers Man Killed In Accident At Hotel Construction Site In NYC
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M