YONKERS N.Y. - Yonkers teens are invited to celebrate African-American history through poetry from slavery to the present at 4 p.m. Thursday at Yonkers Riverfront Library.
Teens ages 12-19 will write their own free verse poems, reflecting on African-American poetry throughout history The program will explore the works of Claude McKay, Langston Hughes, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Nikki Giovanni and Tupac Shakur.
The library will host another poetry event Feb. 28. The sessions will be led by Najuma the Storyteller. The events are free. For more information, call 914-375-7967.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Police Investigate Two Overnight Shootings In Yonkers; Man Hospitalized
- 3 Police Search For Yonkers Bank Robbery Suspect
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Yonkers Police Department Uses Facebook To ID Non-Verbal Woman