YONKERS N.Y. - Yonkers teens are invited to celebrate African-American history through poetry from slavery to the present at 4 p.m. Thursday at Yonkers Riverfront Library.
Teens ages 12-19 will write their own free verse poems, reflecting on African-American poetry throughout history The program will explore the works of Claude McKay, Langston Hughes, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Nikki Giovanni and Tupac Shakur.
The library will host another poetry event Feb. 28. The sessions will be led by Najuma the Storyteller. The events are free. For more information, call 914-375-7967.
- 1 Serious Crash Reported On Saw Mill Parkway In Yonkers
- 2 Yonkers Man Wins $5M In Lottery Scratch-Off Game
- 3 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 4 Yonkers Eateries Offer A Variety Of Specials For Super Bowl Sunday
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yonkers; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely