YONKERS N.Y. - Yonkers teens are invited to celebrate African-American history through poetry from slavery to the present at 4 p.m. Thursday at Yonkers Riverfront Library.
Teens ages 12-19 will write their own free verse poems, reflecting on African-American poetry throughout history The program will explore the works of Claude McKay, Langston Hughes, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Nikki Giovanni and Tupac Shakur.
The library will host another poetry event Feb. 28. The sessions will be led by Najuma the Storyteller. The events are free. For more information, call 914-375-7967.
- 1 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Yonkers Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 2 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Members Of Yonkers Gang Charged With Murder, Other Felonies