YONKERS, N.Y. -- The Hudson River Museum will host a community talent showcase and a movie night in its Amphitheater on Friday, Aug. 8 and Saturday, Aug. 9.
There will be a Community Talent Showcase on Friday at 8 p.m. The showcase is the grand finale of the 2014 music series - featuring Yonkers natives in a variety of acts from singing to dancing, and performances by actors and poets. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m.
Steven Spielberg's beach thriller, "Jaws," will burst on to the Amphitheater screen on Saturday. There will also be an Introduction and Q&A with shark expert Andrea Falotico. Refreshments will be provided by Yonkers' Whole Foods.
The Amphitheater entrance is on JFK Memorial Drive. Parking is available at JFK Marina or the museum lot.
- 1 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight Residents
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says