YONKERS, N.Y. -- To benefit the Sherwood House Museum, the Yonkers Historical Society’s annual spring flea market will be held on Sunday, May 18, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m., at historic Sherwood House.
Sherwood House, at 340 Tuckahoe Road at the southbound entrance to the Sprain Brook Parkway, is one of the few remaining pre-Revolutionary War tenant farmhouses in the New York metropolitan area. It was built about 1740 by Thomas Sherwood on land leased from Frederick Philipse and was purchased in 1801 by Yonkers’ first physician, Dr. John Ingersoll.
Historic Sherwood House, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is owned and maintained by the Yonkers Historical Society.
For information, telephone the Yonkers Historical Society at 961-8940.