YONKERS, N.Y. -- More than 10,000 people are expected for a celebration of Mexican and Latin American culture in Yonkers in September.
The third Mexican and Latin American Independence Festival will take place on Sunday, Sept. 14, at War Memorial Field from noon to 6 p.m.
The free festival will exhibit the values, culture, dance, music and cuisine from Mexican and Latin American cultures as part of Hispanic Heritage month.
The event is organized by Mexican Empresarios En Accion in conjunction with Mayor Mike Spano.
War Memorial Field is at 285 Nepperhan Avenue.
- 1 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 2 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Yonkers Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer
- 5 Yonkers Mason Struck, Killed By His Own Van