YONKERS, N.Y. -- More than 10,000 people are expected for a celebration of Mexican and Latin American culture in Yonkers in September.
The third Mexican and Latin American Independence Festival will take place on Sunday, Sept. 14, at War Memorial Field from noon to 6 p.m.
The free festival will exhibit the values, culture, dance, music and cuisine from Mexican and Latin American cultures as part of Hispanic Heritage month.
The event is organized by Mexican Empresarios En Accion in conjunction with Mayor Mike Spano.
War Memorial Field is at 285 Nepperhan Avenue.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime
- 4 Unconscious Man Found In Yonkers Burning Home
- 5 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers