YONKERS, N.Y. -- More than 10,000 people are expected for a celebration of Mexican and Latin American culture in Yonkers in September.
The third Mexican and Latin American Independence Festival will take place on Sunday, Sept. 14, at War Memorial Field from noon to 6 p.m.
The free festival will exhibit the values, culture, dance, music and cuisine from Mexican and Latin American cultures as part of Hispanic Heritage month.
The event is organized by Mexican Empresarios En Accion in conjunction with Mayor Mike Spano.
War Memorial Field is at 285 Nepperhan Avenue.
- 1 Patient Being Tested For Ebola, Malaria At St. Joseph's In Yonkers
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Former Yonkers Narcotics Officer Sentenced In Perjury Case
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says