YONKERS, N.Y. -- The 61st Annual Yonkers St. Patrick’s Day Parade will take place on McLean Avenue on Saturday, March 19.
This parade marks the third marching since the merger of the South Broadway St. Patrick’s Day Parade with the McLean Avenue Merchant’s Association St. Patrick’s Day Parade. It continues the grand tradition of Yonkers honoring its Irish heritage and contributions to the Yonkers community, and Saint Patrick, the Patron Saint of Ireland and the Archdiocese of New York.
The committee is proud to announce the honorees for this 61st annual celebration:
- Grand Marshall Patrick Quinn, a leading advocate for increasing awareness of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and a vocal proponent of increased funding for ALS research. Mr. Quinn has been diagnosed with ALS, and continues to serve at the forefront through the Quinn for the Win organization, now emphasized with the slogan “Every August Until A Cure”.
- Aides to the Grand Marshal are:
- Nolliag Cleary, President, County Fermanagh P & B Association
- Jerry Collins, Band/Group Chairman, Yonkers St. Patrick’s Day Parade on McLean Ave., Member, AOH Div. 5 (Bronx) and Bajart Veterans Post
- Maureen Crosby, Teacher, Sacred Heart High School
- Carol Daly, Officer, American Irish Association and Ladies AOH Division 19
- Dennis Keane, Chief Financial Officer for St. John’s Riverside Hospital, member of the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick
- John Lawlor, Former President, Yonkers Lawyers Association (YLA)
- Dennis O'Brien, Officer, AOH Division 1
- Thomas Ward, Lieutenant Ward is a Captains, Lieutenants, Sergeants Association (CLSA) union representative, and a member of the Westchester County Emerald Society.
The 61st annual parade will take place on Saturday, March 19.
Following a Mass at St. Barnabas High School Chapel on McLean Avenue, marchers will step off at 1 p.m. on McLean Avenue west of Bronx River Road.