YONKERS, N.Y. – Here are some of the top events in Yonkers this weekend. For more things to do in and around the city, see our expanded events calendar.
Saturday, Dec. 29
Kwanzaa Celebration: 1 to 4 p.m. Visit the Yonkers Riverfront Library for a celebration of family, community and culture. Presented by the Yonkers African American Heritage Committee, the Kwanzaa celebration will feature music, songs, workshops and the lighting of Kinara. The event will also feature music from Bokandeye, an African American drum and dance troupe. Community Room A and B, Yonkers Riverfront Library, 1 Larkin Center.
Live Music at La Bella Havana: 8 p.m. Latin-jazz group Esencia will continue its regular performances at La Bella Havana on Main Street in downtown Yonkers. The group of veteran musicians brings a wide range of experience and will feature salsa based hits and original works. La Bella Havana, 35 Main St.
Sunday, Dec. 30
Holiday Rocket: 3:30 p.m. The Hudson River Museum’s planetarium shows continue with “Holiday Rocket.” Visitors can “travel the Solar System of 2056, where diverse human settlements hold on to traditions of hope, light and generosity while braving the new frontier.” The show will also be on display Saturday at 3:30 p.m. Hudson River Museum, 511 Warburton Ave.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime