YONKERS, N.Y. – Here are some of the top events in the city this weekend. For more events in and around Yonkers, see our expanded events calendar.
Saturday, Dec. 8
Breakfast with Santa: 9 a.m. Grab a bite to eat with Kris Kringle. Santa Claus will be at Brio Tuscan Grille in Westchester’s Ridge Hill for an early morning photo opportunity. Afterwards, he will make his way around the shopping center for free pictures until 5 p.m. Westchester’s Ridge Hill, 1 Ridge Hill Road.
Sunday, Dec. 9
Magic in the Gilded Age: Watch magician Benjamin Levy’s performance in Glenview, the Hudson River Museum’s 19th-century home. The home is decorated for the holidays with a Victorian flair. Magic show tickets are $10 for member, $15 for non-members and include admission to the museum. Purchase tickets at the museum or online. Hudson River Museum, 511 Warburton Ave.
Yonkers Historical Society Candlelight Tours of Historic Sherwood House: 4 p.m. Take a candlelight tour of one of the New York metro area’s few remaining pre-Revolutionary War farmhouses. Built in 1740, the house was bought in 1801 by Yonkers’ first physician, Dr. John Ingersoll. The Historic Sherwood House, 340 Tuckahoe Road, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is owned and maintained by the Yonkers Historical Society. The tour is free.
- 1 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight Residents
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern