YONKERS, N.Y. – Here are some of the top events in the city this weekend. For more events in and around Yonkers, see our expanded events calendar.
Saturday, Nov. 17
Yonkers Firefighters vs. Yonkers Police Flag Football Game: 6 p.m. The first ever Yonkers Fire Department vs. Yonkers Police Department Flag Football Game will kick off under the lights at Gorton High School. All proceeds from the event will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House NYC in memory of a pair of fallen service members, Firefighter Antonio Rodriques and Yonkers Detective James McCabe. Gorton High School, 100 Shonnard Place.
Lots of Lego: 10:30 a.m. A two-day challenge to be named LEGOLAND’s “Master Model Builder” will begin Saturday at the Legoland Discovery Center in Ridge Hill. Hopefuls will compete against each other in a series of fast-paced, time-limited challenges that test their Lego building skills. The public is welcome to attend. Ridge Hill, 1 Ridge Hill Road.
Sunday, Nov. 18
Story Circle: 1 p.m. The Story Circle series continues at the Hudson River Museum. This week's event has a history theme. Listen as C. Anthony Bannister reads tales from “Song of the Trees,” “Childtimes: A Three Generation Memoir” and “Escape from Slavery: The Underground Railroad.” Hudson River Museum, 511 Warburton Ave.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs Ridge Hill Mall In Yonkers
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Big City Medical Care Now Available In Smalltown Bronxville
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach