YONKERS, N.Y. – Here are some of the top events in the city this weekend. For more events in and around Yonkers, see our expanded events calendar.
Saturday, Feb. 9
The Bengali Five Spice Chronicles: Exploring the Cuisine of Eastern India: 3:30 p.m. Cookbook author Rinku Bhattacharya will showcases Bengali recipes and shares stories about the food and culture of Eastern India. The program is free and will include samples of some of the recipes featured in her book. Yonkers Riverfront Library, 1 Larkin Center.
Poetry Slam/Open Mic Night: 7:30 p.m. Barnes & Noble is calling all poets to share their original or favorite material as part of Open Mic Night. Poems can be spoken, sung or even acted out but must be suitable for all ages. Central Plaza, 2614 Central Park Ave.
The Panoramic River: 1:30 p.m. Join the Hudson River Museum for a panoramic river talk and tour. At 1:30 p.m., Director of Curatorial Affairs Bartholomew Bland will lead a tour that discovers the Hudson and Thames Rivers from a variety of views painted by 18th and 19th century artists. At 2 p.m, two British curators, Pat Hardy, the Curator of Paintings, Prints, and Drawings at the Museum of London and Geoff Snell, British School at the University of Sussex, will discuss the panorama in illustrated talks. Hudson River Museum, 511 Warburton Ave.
- 1 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight Residents
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern