YONKERS, N.Y. – Here are some of the top events in Yonkers this weekend. For more events in and around the city, see our expanded events calendar.
Friday, Feb. 1
“Daily Words of Encouragement To Live By” book signing: 7:30 p.m. Jim Bositc, director of the Nepperhan Community Center and newly published author, will host a book signing. Copies of his book will be on sale. All are invited to attend. Nepperhan Community Center, 342 Warburton Ave.
Saturday, Feb. 2
Opening Weekend - The Panoramic River: the Hudson and the Thames: The Hudson River Museum’s exhibition will open Saturday, a display that will focus of two iconic rivers – America’s Hudson and England’s Thames. The exhibit will include works from noted artists, like Thomas Cole and John Kensett. Hudson River Museum, 511 Warburton Ave.
Saturday Movies At Your Library: "Sparkle:" 2 p.m. Families and children are invited to "Saturday Movies" at the Yonkers Riverfront Library. This week “Sparkle” will play. Set in the 1960s, the film centers on three girls who become music sensations but fame threatens to tear their family apart. Auditorium, Yonkers Riverfront Library, 1 Larkin Center.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 State Police Warn Yonkers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Yonkers Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute