YONKERS, N.Y. – Here are some of the top events in Yonkers this weekend. For more events in and around the city, see our expanded events calendar.
Friday, Feb. 1
“Daily Words of Encouragement To Live By” book signing: 7:30 p.m. Jim Bositc, director of the Nepperhan Community Center and newly published author, will host a book signing. Copies of his book will be on sale. All are invited to attend. Nepperhan Community Center, 342 Warburton Ave.
Saturday, Feb. 2
Opening Weekend - The Panoramic River: the Hudson and the Thames: The Hudson River Museum’s exhibition will open Saturday, a display that will focus of two iconic rivers – America’s Hudson and England’s Thames. The exhibit will include works from noted artists, like Thomas Cole and John Kensett. Hudson River Museum, 511 Warburton Ave.
Saturday Movies At Your Library: "Sparkle:" 2 p.m. Families and children are invited to "Saturday Movies" at the Yonkers Riverfront Library. This week “Sparkle” will play. Set in the 1960s, the film centers on three girls who become music sensations but fame threatens to tear their family apart. Auditorium, Yonkers Riverfront Library, 1 Larkin Center.
- 1 Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Two 22-Year-Olds In Yonkers, Authorities Say
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Yonkers
- 4 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 5 Trader Joe's Recalls Walnuts Because Of Possible Health Risk